Steam Controller

Kendrite

Steam Controller

Post by Kendrite » 14 Oct 2017, 21:29

I managed to pick up a Steam Link for $27.00 a while ago and it seems to work pretty well. Problem is I only have a really crap knock off Xbox controller for it which is horrible and I've found kb & mouse doesn't really work on the couch.

I was thinking of getting a Steam Controller but they're not cheap and locally you only seem to be able to get them from EBgames for around $90.00.

I guess I have 2 questions.

1. Given I have almost no experience with controllers (kb & mouse guy here) would the Steam Controller be an equally good choice compared to the xbox and playstation alternatives. I'm not used to using any controllers so would basically be learning to use them from the ground up.

2. If the Steam Controller is a viable choice do they ever go on sale? I'm not used to gaming on the TV but want to give it a shot without spending much money (not sure if I'll like it).

Any feedback would be great.

Cheers.
0 x

linxus

Re: Steam Controller

Post by linxus » 14 Oct 2017, 22:37

They're on sale occasionally, not sure about the discount though. You can get one for ~$65 (49.99 USD) with free shipping from Amazon (it ships to Australia)
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197975825451]Image[/url]