wtf is my computer doing

DarkMellie

wtf is my computer doing

Post by DarkMellie » 15 Jul 2018, 16:44

Hi erryone!

Left for work for a few days, come home and due to school holidays Kel and the boys have gone up to Devonport to see her parents. This means she's switched off everything at the power points.

Get home, turn my PC on... here's where the problams start;

Prablum 1: computer starts up and asks me which drive I want to boot from. This looks like the mobo menu. I select my OS drive and everything boots perfectly.

Preblom 2: it's like there's a stuck key on my keyboard. I can enter my windows password fine. I can open things up and navigate with mouse and click on things (but I can't right-click and open page). The issues from here are;

* cannot fullscreen youtube.. video stays normal and then the HTML page opens up on the right (like I'd asked it to show scripts)
* cannot right click and copy anything, cannot select any part of the address bar to type into
* when I went to change sound from USB to speakers, brought up windows sounds page and there was a dropdown menu that was flicking through all options extremely fast
* alongside all this, when it goes berko it looks like i've hit ctrl+f and it's flicking through 'next' at light speed... highlight letters in yellow all down the page

I've checked the keyboard (haven't got another one to try) and there are no stuck keys. There are no other USB devices plugged in outside of mouse/keys.

Any ideas?
0 x
TS: tms-1.games.on.net Channel: Mellie's Random Games Password: gonmellie

kharis

Re: wtf is my computer doing

Post by kharis » 15 Jul 2018, 17:07

Sounds like ctrl is somehow stuck. Maybe something stuck under the key or even a short somewhere. Can you unplug the keyboard and see if it bypasses that boot screen, you could even activate the onscreen keyboard in windows so you can see if it makes a difference sans keyboard
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 15 Jul 2018, 17:14

Great tips, Kaz. Will try and report back.
0 x
TS: tms-1.games.on.net Channel: Mellie's Random Games Password: gonmellie

Treloar

Post by Treloar » 22 Jul 2018, 12:11

problem one could be a flat bios battery, I've had that in an old system and until i replaced the battery... every-time at boot it'd ask for which drive
0 x

JNehru

Post by JNehru » 20 Oct 2018, 00:24

Get an antivirus installed and re-install the windows.
Kaspersky is what I recommend with windows 10.
0 x