Headphone recommendations

Mini

Headphone recommendations

Post by Mini » 29 Oct 2018, 17:26

So I currently have a part of Corsair Void Wireless headphones, and a set of RIG 400's.
The Corsair's are currently sitting unused due to being unable to get them to (a) sit comfortably, or (b) have no interference (Low buzzing) unless my head and receiver are in the perfect spot.

So I am using the RIG 400's and like them, but the cable is tiny and they were initially bought for me to wear at work to drown other people out and I would like them back there.

So I am looking for recommendations.
Currently I have been told to just get the Audio Technica AD700x and not really look at much else because they are that good.
But more thoughts are always useful :)

I have realised if I get them I will have to get a mic as well. Which is more money and I'm not sure I wanted to spend that much.
So thoughts and suggestions will be hugely beneficial (Especially since I know nothing of audio quality and headphones specs)
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

Otto-matic Reiffel

Re: Headphone recommendations

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 29 Oct 2018, 18:23

Just a general suggestion, but you can get clip on mics if you like a pair of headphones but don't like the equivalent headset.
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 29 Oct 2018, 18:52

The Audio Technicas are what I was recommended when I asked quite a while ago, coupled with a ModMic for the microphone. I imagine that's still relevant even though it was 3 years ago now: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=271

I ended up with the Audio Technica ATH-ADG1 which Makena also had at the time. They sound good when I use them and the microphone is decent enough for comms or not-very-professional recording (I used it to narrate some Fallout builds without putting a ton of effort into making them sound good) but I think you might struggle to find those still in stock. This seems to be the newer model of the same thing though: https://www.pccasegear.com/products/340 ... ng-headset

If I was buying one now, knowing what I know now, I'd go for headphones and a separate mic for the slightly better versatility.

You could also just get an extension cord for your RIG 400s if you're happy with those!
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Treloar

Post by Treloar » 29 Oct 2018, 20:39

I've been considering the Panasonic RP-HC31 Noise Canceling In Ear Headphones $68 on Ebay
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 30 Oct 2018, 12:49

I have gone with the extension cable to begin with.
Gives me a bit more time to investigate what is around.

And those in-ear buds are just something that I can't use. They annoy me and then fall out...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

elanov

Post by elanov » 12 Nov 2018, 21:01

Do checkout the xiaomi second generation headphone they are on budget and have good sound quality
0 x