Planet Trump

Sathias

Planet Trump

Post by Sathias » 02 Feb 2017, 13:14

I thought I'd make a new thread rather than clog up the Fleeting/Random thread with political talk, it looks like the Trump presidency is going to get worse and more quickly than anyone imagined. Today Trump abused and hung up on Turnbull on the phone over our refugee swap deal, accusing Turnbull of wanting to send the next generation of Boston bombers to the US

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... &tid=sm_tw

Now he's "put Iran on notice", which seems like code for wanting to go to war. Bannon has previously talked about going to war with China as well.
Before it was all conjecture but this is starting to get really worrying IMO
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Sathias

Re: Planet Trump

Post by Sathias » 02 Feb 2017, 14:02

This is very good (and concerning) analysis arguing that the recent changes to visa intake is a trial balloon for a Coup De'tat

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial ... .sox8dg4x2
0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 02 Feb 2017, 14:17

Being a bit undiplomatic with Turnbull is disrespectful, but the bit that really shocked me was him telling the Mexican President he might send US troops into Mexico to sort things out. That's a crazy thing to throw out there, especially this soon after taking office. The two countries already cooperate in the fight against Mexican drug cartels, wouldn't you at least try to beef that up before threatening to invade?

Quite concerned. :(
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 02 Feb 2017, 14:56

Trump got elected on this platform and vitriol and with an adversarial business focussed mindset like his, it's all or nothing with little regard for past alliances or relations. This stuff with our PM is hardly surprising.

But with such an interconnected world where it's cooperate or conflict, he's going to either learn a very humbling lesson or bring on WW3. And I honestly don't know which.

Edit: heehee, he just can't help himself
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 02 Feb 2017, 15:26

I thought at the time that Obama would at least be partially going for this deal to wedge/troll Trump, looks like it's working!
Mythor wrote:Being a bit undiplomatic with Turnbull is disrespectful, but the bit that really shocked me was him telling the Mexican President he might send US troops into Mexico to sort things out. That's a crazy thing to throw out there, especially this soon after taking office. The two countries already cooperate in the fight against Mexican drug cartels, wouldn't you at least try to beef that up before threatening to invade?

I totally agree on both points. It's disrespectful to the thousands of Aussie soldiers who have died in their wars over the last few decades too. America does not have a more compliant ally than Australia, if he burns those sorts of bridges he will find himself without friends very quickly.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 02 Feb 2017, 16:32

Trump has picked a fight with Australia and the KKK is dancing in the aisles

And also this

0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 02 Feb 2017, 17:01

I don't think you can hang the military raid on Trump. He wouldn't have had a clue if it was a good or a bad idea and someone would have had to sell him on it in the first place. It's not like they'd present him with plans they knew would go poorly, that'd be a bit nonsensical.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 02 Feb 2017, 17:12

If the buck doesn't stop with the Commander-in-Chief, where does it?
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 02 Feb 2017, 17:16

Yurtles wrote:I don't think you can hang the military raid on Trump. He wouldn't have had a clue if it was a good or a bad idea and someone would have had to sell him on it in the first place. It's not like they'd present him with plans they knew would go poorly, that'd be a bit nonsensical.
I really could not disagree more. In the US system the President is the civilian head of the military, the buck absolutely stops with him. As Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton has been in the Situation Room many times and was completely prepared for that responsibility. If he is not then that is on him and the people that voted for him.

Also consider how hard the GOP went at Hillary over the Benghazi attacks, and she wasn't even President!
0 x

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 02 Feb 2017, 17:40

I don't think you can hang the failed military raid on Trump being a terrible president - Which is what it seems to me you were angling for.

Explaining to me that the guy in charge is responsible for things. Yeah. I get that already.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Fireslide

Post by Fireslide » 02 Feb 2017, 19:30

I would like to get off the Trump and Bannon wild ride please.
0 x

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 02 Feb 2017, 20:16

I still have the Trump to Drumpf plugin that Last Week Tonight made. It's always funny reading everything with his name replaced.

Not that I like Turnbull, but he should of told him "... and you've got tiny hands!" and then hung up.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 02 Feb 2017, 20:39

Truth be told, I'm less bothered by the fact that Trump is looking at cancelling the refugee swap deal. It was made in the latter part of the Obama adminstration and Trump's anti-refugee stance is well known.

He could've said the above, but instead he acts like his usual dick self with no recognition of the alliance and friendship our nations have endured and the Aussie / US soldiers who have fought and died together.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

Makena

Post by Makena » 02 Feb 2017, 21:33

Yeah it's not so much what he did, but the method he has done it and then further venting on Twitter.
0 x

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 03 Feb 2017, 01:21

Sathias wrote:
Yurtles wrote:I don't think you can hang the military raid on Trump. He wouldn't have had a clue if it was a good or a bad idea and someone would have had to sell him on it in the first place. It's not like they'd present him with plans they knew would go poorly, that'd be a bit nonsensical.
I really could not disagree more. In the US system the President is the civilian head of the military, the buck absolutely stops with him. As Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton has been in the Situation Room many times and was completely prepared for that responsibility. If he is not then that is on him and the people that voted for him.

Also consider how hard the GOP went at Hillary over the Benghazi attacks, and she wasn't even President!
so do you think his gonna do better then obama and make a bigger drone strike record of 563 or worse and less of a drone strike record and the collateral around that?
mattias already started the bombing day 1.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 03 Feb 2017, 06:39

I think he will do much worse than that. He's already talked about building more nukes. And I reckon he has the temperament (vindictive, impulsive and impatient) to use them.

You are right though, Obama has been a good president domestically but his record with drones is disgraceful.

Btw more details about the Yemen raid. According to this article Obama had the option of hitting this target and elected not to.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.2962358
0 x

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 03 Feb 2017, 17:11

still i willing to give a trump a turn like i gave obama a turn. im harsher on our pollies and would not shed a tear if a mob tore them apart alive, dawn of the dead style.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 03 Feb 2017, 18:31

Pictured - The Trump/Turnbull phone call
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 03 Feb 2017, 21:42

I lolled.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 03 Feb 2017, 23:36

So many predictions (from cartoons) coming true.

American TV is just relishing all the Trump content they can use now. Kimmel's showing no signs of slowing down...

I'm just expecting this mad man to start WW3.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 04 Feb 2017, 00:34

Sathias wrote:Pictured - The Trump/Turnbull phone call
lolled
thats America pretty much under every president, unless your Israel
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 04 Feb 2017, 12:38

Eric Trump Scolds Father That He Mustn’t Inquire About The Businesses, For He’s Sworn Not To Tell

‘You Shan’t Ask Me About Our Shops, Papa, For I Am Forbidden To Say!’ Chides President’s Son

http://www.theonion.com/article/eric-tr ... ut-b-55218
0 x

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 05 Feb 2017, 01:20

Mythor wrote:Being a bit undiplomatic with Turnbull is disrespectful, but the bit that really shocked me was him telling the Mexican President he might send US troops into Mexico to sort things out. That's a crazy thing to throw out there, especially this soon after taking office. The two countries already cooperate in the fight against Mexican drug cartels, wouldn't you at least try to beef that up before threatening to invade?

turns out the mexico thing was a bit of bullshit from the press again

http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-ame ... story.html

christ next time he cough there gonna report it as him pressing the big red nuke button. the news needs to slow down and check their sources, they have told everyone that he is evil hitler man with no real proof, they had to bring out the big bad russia hack with no real proof, they need to take 2 steps back and have a big breath and try to confirm shit before they print it, their shit stiring has caused massive violence for no reason other then streaming wolf.

if trump does have a big scandal down the line people arnt gonna believe it after this.

0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 05 Feb 2017, 02:18

NoobyMcNoobnoob wrote:

turns out the mexico thing was a bit of bullshit from the press again

http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-ame ... story.html

christ next time he cough there gonna report it as him pressing the big red nuke button. the news needs to slow down and check their sources, they have told everyone that he is evil hitler man with no real proof, they had to bring out the big bad russia hack with no real proof, they need to take 2 steps back and have a big breath and try to confirm shit before they print it, their shit stiring has caused massive violence for no reason other then streaming wolf.

if trump does have a big scandal down the line people arnt gonna believe it after this.

No-one has alleged that Trump made the threat directly to Mexico, it has been reported as a comment he made to Turnbull. The details of that call could have only come from the Trump administration, the media weren't in on the call and Turnbull sure didn't leak it, the leak has been highly embarrassing for him. Of course there are always going to be people that make every excuse for him but to try and argue that this is just some media conspiracy against him is utterly absurd. If this comment re Mexico wasn't actually made, the most likely scenario is that they put the misinformation out themselves then walked it back when that detail turned out being inconvenient.
0 x

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 05 Feb 2017, 03:32

Sathias wrote: No-one has alleged that Trump made the threat directly to Mexico, it has been reported as a comment he made to Turnbull.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02 ... ar-option/

and several others to the mexican leader not turnbull, people seem to take it as a threat. as far as i read its was from Associated Press as the whitehouse source. "the your military is scared" is a fair comment considering Los Zetas gang and their origins and tactics.

Sathias wrote:Of course there are always going to be people that make every excuse for him but to try and argue that this is just some media conspiracy against him is utterly absurd.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... emails-cnn

https://www.peoplespunditdaily.com/news ... y-clinton/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-0 ... s-dnc-hack

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/law-pro ... ks-emails/

absurd.
0 x