Planet Trump

Sathias

Re: Planet Trump

Post by Sathias » 05 Feb 2017, 09:37

You've ignored the main point I was making, that the details of this call that were published came from Trump or his team. If you want to talk "confirming shit before publishing" maybe its the Trump administration that needs to heed that. The "Bowling Green Massacre" is a perfect example.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 05 Feb 2017, 13:07

Sathias wrote:You've ignored the main point I was making, that the details of this call that were published came from Trump or his team. If you want to talk "confirming shit before publishing" maybe its the Trump administration that needs to heed that. The "Bowling Green Massacre" is a perfect example.
and i have shown its not one sided as you seem to continually suggest, they all need to "confirming shit before publishing", otherwise the boy who cried wolf scenario is gonna happen. Bowling Green Massacre is a hell of a lot different to Bowling Green Terrorist, and Spicers "alternative facts" bs.
0 x

Ralph Wiggum

Post by Ralph Wiggum » 05 Feb 2017, 14:14

Quite frankly I see both sides guilty of spreading misinformation and false stories to shore up their agenda.

I expect the Government, i.e. Trump, to provide the actual facts and know their shit before opening their mouths because that is the responsibility they have being in a position of power. He's not doing so well on that.

I expect the other side, i.e. not Trump, to also get their facts right to claim the moral high ground which should be so, so easy against Trump. But everytime a false story against Trump or his policies is made (and there are some) it gives Trump ammunition with his "fake news" crap and his supporters are among the biggest conspiracy paranoid supporter group around.
0 x
RIP Games.On.Net.

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 05 Feb 2017, 15:27

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Quite frankly I see both sides guilty of spreading misinformation and false stories to shore up their agenda.

I expect the Government, i.e. Trump, to provide the actual facts and know their shit before opening their mouths because that is the responsibility they have being in a position of power. He's not doing so well on that.

I expect the other side, i.e. not Trump, to also get their facts right to claim the moral high ground which should be so, so easy against Trump. But everytime a false story against Trump or his policies is made (and there are some) it gives Trump ammunition with his "fake news" crap and his supporters are among the biggest conspiracy paranoid supporter group around.
thank you, my command of the English language is horrible.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 05 Feb 2017, 17:22

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Quite frankly I see both sides guilty of spreading misinformation and false stories to shore up their agenda.

The irony is that the "fake news" phrase got started because there was a deliberate campaign of pro-Trump news stories appearing on fabricated news sites, some of which were tweeted or re-tweeted by Trump's team. Pizzagate is a good example, it got started by some guys on 4chan and got to the point that Trump's handlers were RTing mentions of it on Twitter. Then after the election, Trump and other RW politicians and commentators coined the phrase to try and invalidate any media coverage they don't like. Even One Nation here are doing it now. From Know Your Meme...
On October 12th, 2016, The Washington Post[7] published an article addressing the prevalence of fake news stories that were promoted by Facebook’s Trending feature, which reported that at least five fake stories had been identified as trending content by the social network’s algorithm during its three-week study. On October 26th, BuzzFeed News[4] ran an investigative article similarly highlighting the growing number of fake news stories in high-volume circulation on Facebook since the company dissolved its team of human news editors. On November 3rd, BuzzFeed News[5] published another report on its finding of at least 140 pro-Trump U.S. political news sites that had been launched by various locals in the town of Veles, Macedonia over the past year.
The page on Know Your Meme has all the references http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/fa ... ontroversy

IMO Trump and his team have been working on a strategy of deliberate misinformation, it's not a matter of "oh whoops I should have been more careful with the facts". You only need to see his record on Politifact to see the pattern, he constantly and deliberately lies because he gets away with it. Sure, the media will sometimes get things wrong, and there will always be people in the media that favour one side or another. Hell, Fox news has been doing it for years, yet the people who talk about "fake news" these days don't take issue with their fabricated garbage.

What it boils down to is I refuse to listen to complaints about "fake news" from the guy who was the main pusher of the "Obama's Birth Certificate" thing, for YEARS after it was debunked.
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 05 Feb 2017, 18:10

And you posted a link to The Onion in this thread. :D
0 x

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 05 Feb 2017, 18:42

Politifact

pointing out raplfh post again, sorry if you dont like that im useing you message, for sathias

Last edited by NoobyMcNoobnoob on 06 Feb 2017, 01:13, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

Matty

Post by Matty » 05 Feb 2017, 18:58

André Axe'm wrote:And you posted a link to The Onion in this thread. :D
The Onion is satire though.
0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

kharis

Post by kharis » 05 Feb 2017, 19:46

0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 05 Feb 2017, 21:45

It's gonna be a busy 4yrs on this thread.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Matty

Post by Matty » 05 Feb 2017, 23:14

0 x
Matter of fact, I didn't even give you my coat!

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 06 Feb 2017, 09:52

André Axe'm wrote:And you posted a link to The Onion in this thread. :D
There is a big difference between satire and fake news. The Onion has never claimed to be real or factual. Fake News does not claim to be satire.
0 x

André Axe'm

Post by André Axe'm » 06 Feb 2017, 10:39

I'm aware that it is satire.
Unfortunately when the media doesn't bother checking sources, any satire claims are lost in the reprint.
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 07 Feb 2017, 07:44

NoobyMcNoobnoob wrote:Politifact

(lots of pics)
This is typical of the tactics that Trump and his team uses, they try to invalidate anything that could keep him honest. The problem is that Trump is so simple-minded that he often gives the strategic instructions he's given away by repeating them like a parrot. This morning's tweet is a perfect example.
Get that? Any negative polls are "fake news", as are all the media organisations that make some effort to actually be critical about what he's doing. Any polls which are in his favour, or news organisations that say things he likes, are "real news". Its totally insidious and a very serious situation, for the reason being that apart from the courts, which ultimately will rule if what he's doing is legal (if they have the power to stop him), the only thing keeping him in check is the media. Congress, the Senate, the Supreme Court, all controlled by the GOP due to the results of the last election.

Stop screaming "fake news" and think about what it means for one man to have so much unfettered power, let alone one as impulsive, vindictive and unqualified as Trump.
0 x

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 07 Feb 2017, 07:56

nyt wrote a nice piece, worth reading how he goes about his business or not...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/us/p ... p=cur&_r=0
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 07 Feb 2017, 09:21

brimlad wrote:nyt wrote a nice piece, worth reading how he goes about his business or not...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/us/p ... p=cur&_r=0
Interesting article, thanks. I found the part about Bannon repairing ties with Ryan especially interesting, he's a very concerning figure. He's intelligent enough and serious enough about the role that he may be able to keep Trump on track but with his politics and background, that track could be a very dangerous path for the world. If it wasn't for Bannon, Trump would be completely directionless IMO.

This stuff about Bannon inserting himself into the NSC is very worrying. It's since been revealed (unless its all FAKENEWS!!!!one) that Trump wasn't briefed on the EO he signed, and signed it without reading it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 65191.html
0 x

NoobyMcNoobnoob

Post by NoobyMcNoobnoob » 07 Feb 2017, 15:38

Sathias wrote:
NoobyMcNoobnoob wrote:Politifact

(lots of pics)
This is typical of the tactics that Trump and his team uses, they try to invalidate anything that could keep him honest. The problem is that Trump is so simple-minded that he often gives the strategic instructions he's given away by repeating them like a parrot. This morning's tweet is a perfect example.
and that is the problem (the boy who cried wolf scenario), he can keep saying this because of the past polls and talking heads efforts towards him. people who sat at home during the elections instead of voting cause all the news outlets said dont worry trump has a 1% to win.

Sathias wrote:Get that? Any negative polls are "fake news",as are all the media organisations that make some effort to actually be critical about what he's doing.

the rest of it is pure self flagellating hyperbole on trumps behalf i surprised they you seem to give off the vibe that hes the only politician thats does so.
Sathias wrote:Stop screaming "fake news" and think about what it means for one man to have so much unfettered power, let alone one as impulsive, vindictive and unqualified as Trump.
thank you for the the example of Hyperbole, for my previous sentence.

http://theweek.com/articles/663436/snar ... s-hysteria
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 07 Feb 2017, 16:12

As a Trump supporter, you are going to complain about hyperbole? Really? Just today Trump's team has been complaining about the media refusing to report or underreporting terrorist attacks to satisfy some sort of undisclosed ulterior political agenda. They produced a list of 78 terrorist attacks which were underreported, which includes the Paris attacks, Nice, San Bernardino, the shootings at the gay club in Orlando, even the Man Moris attack in Sydney. Underreported? In what universe is that not hyperbole?
On Monday Trump accused the media of deliberately covering up terrorist attacks.

“It’s gotten to a point where it’s not even being reported,” he said. “And in many cases the very, very dishonest press doesn’t want to report it. They have their reasons, and you understand that.”
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... of-attacks

Meanwhile, he still hasn't mentioned the Quebec attack where a Trump supporter murdered 5 muslims.
0 x

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 07 Feb 2017, 16:55

Trumps ability to turn lies into fake truth will be one of his endearing legacy's

same news story just popped up on the ABC, shocking delusional rubbish from Trump... again lol
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-07/w ... ed/8248434
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 07 Feb 2017, 20:13

I think we're boned...

0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 08 Feb 2017, 01:07

This cracked me up...

0 x
CherryRed wrote:

NotThatDoug

Post by NotThatDoug » 08 Feb 2017, 10:43

0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197970978425]Image[/url]

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 09 Feb 2017, 19:44

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the world...

0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 10 Feb 2017, 12:00

Posting this because its pretty strange and gaming related
0 x