Show us your Fish!

"Would say maybe Arts/Crafts/Cooking/Gardening but then the forum title gets a bit long..."
Darius359au

Show us your Fish!

Post by Darius359au » 28 Dec 2015, 11:53

So anyone that keeps fish as a hobby lets see your Fish and their tanks.

My fishy passion is Betta's ,(siamese fighting fish), - like most people I always thought of them as those sad little fish in a little bowl ,found out if you keep them in a proper environment ,minimum 10L tank with heating and filter preferabley with plants ,then they are a completly different fish ,smart and very active!

Spud a Halfmoon Elephant Ear

Zorro the wifes Halfmoon Rose tail

Zorro and Spud's partitioned 20L tank

My newest fish Errol the Platinum Dragon ,(Terry Pratchett fans might reconise the name ;) :) )

No decent shot of his tank (20L) , as it's newly planted and looking abit scraggly atm
0 x

ChainsawMcP

Re: Show us your Fish!

Post by ChainsawMcP » 03 May 2017, 22:08

Bit of cut and paste from the random thoughts...

Feeding end of the 4 ft community tank
Angels, Red & Blue Columbian tetras, Pearl Gouramis, Neons and Gold Neons, Rummynose tetras, Emperor and Royal tetra, White Cloud Mountain Minnows - hiding out - Bristlenose, various Corys

Two foot yabby tank - one large cranky male - three smaller newer females

20 litre siamese fighter tank - one male and two females - my daughter has named the male Sakura - which means Cherry Blossom

Butterfly fish in top of my most recent tank ...

... which is a second hand Aqua One 620 - with Flame Gouramis, assorted Bristlenose and Corys, a Black Ghost and the aforementioned Butterfly fish

And the wife's 20l with mini Mollies and Corys

Not seen - some normal, albino and calico bristlenose, lots of assorted corys, a black ghost... and the 20l I'm setting up to hand tame the black ghost
Last edited by ChainsawMcP on 09 May 2017, 20:27, edited 3 times in total.
0 x

Darius359au

Post by Darius359au » 05 May 2017, 16:25

@ChainsawMcP can't see your 1st or last images ,though the rest look good :thumbup: ,question about the Betta's though you got any problems with them aggression wise? , I know you can get away with a sorority of females but didn't think you could keep a male in the mix.

I've got to get some decent shots ,just set up a 40L community tank with Neon tetra's ,Black Neon Tetras ,(Wife wanted Glowlight Tetras until we saw the Blacks then it was We'll have those thanks :D ),and a couple of Peppered Corys called Hugin and Munin.
0 x

ChainsawMcP

Post by ChainsawMcP » 09 May 2017, 20:18

That's what I get for using Google to host the images - and proofing in a browser that is logged in to my account...

Sorted now

Yeah - we thought the male might be OK - but I think the females ganged up and mugged him during the night

"Sakura" is no more - "Rainbow" is happy in the community tank and will come to visit the ladies occasionally
0 x

Darius359au

Post by Darius359au » 16 Jul 2017, 18:21

new community tank after the old one sprung a leak :angry-banghead: new ones nearly double the size so in a way it's a good think the old one went foom ;) :lol:
got a ton more work on it - I need more substrate for the plants and still need to get a plant rated light,( useing the old hood light which is good for high light plants!).

0 x

Mythor

Post by Mythor » 16 Jul 2017, 19:54

Where are the fishies? :(
0 x
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Player Attack! - Diablo 3 Clan Details

Darius359au

Post by Darius359au » 16 Jul 2017, 20:39

@Mythor ,their center of the tank towards the bottom ,if you look on the substrate you can see one of the Cory catfish - right click and view image should get you a better view - water looks like crap because i'd just finished setting up the tank.

There's Neon Tetra's ,Black Neon Tetra's and Peppered Cory's - bigger tank means more fish :D but I'll let the tank settle first before adding more.
0 x

Darius359au

Post by Darius359au » 17 Jul 2017, 11:15

Tanks cleared up so here's fish pic's - the brown thing on the glass is a food tablet.
Looks a bit bare bones atm but now the rush to rehouse is over I've got time to work on it.

0 x

Darius359au

Post by Darius359au » 27 Oct 2017, 13:34

My latest fishy purchase is a little half moon plakat female Betta for the community tank ,she was pretty stressed when I got her and added her to the tank but now she's colouring up nicely and has fun grazing with the cory's at feeding time :D

full on stress stripes and bugger all colour ,this is what she looked like when I got her home

grazing

colouring up nicely

bit of an idea of her colour ,pictures dont do the blue justice
0 x