Workout Report

"Would say maybe Arts/Crafts/Cooking/Gardening but then the forum title gets a bit long..."
Disco

Workout Report

Post by Disco » 28 Jun 2017, 12:16

Hi everyone,

I've been getting back into working out a bit lately, mixing it up with some cardio at home and trying to go to the gym and move some heavy weights around (heavy by my standards people :lol:). Thought it might be cool to post what I'm upto and anyone else to post their workouts, comment on routines etc. if you have any advice etc.

I'll be off to the gym this evening and will update after that.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Disco

Re: Workout Report

Post by Disco » 28 Jun 2017, 20:04

Alright I'll go first!

Currently I'm doing an ABA/BAB full body split 3x a week, it's a beginner program but it's fast and that's what I like about it, today I did my B workout which was my first time deadlifting which was interesting. I use a HR monitor to record the details of my workouts, and it's interesting you can see below where the deadlifts were.. they're tough.

Not setting any records.. :lol:

0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Yurtles

Post by Yurtles » 28 Jun 2017, 20:23

I think it's a lot more important you work on getting/maintaining proper form than the weight you've got on at your stage anyway Disco.

I'm still just pushing myself hard on the exercise bike every other day, dripping sweat and I'd struggle with a set of stairs when I'm done, that's enough surely - and it's been a little over 12 months now! I've genuinely noticed the difference too.

Also started some work on my core the past few months, my lower back is easily my weakest link so I decided to do something about that as well. That's going fairly well, I'm keen to see how it improves with more time.

It seems like I'm progressively working my way higher. Another 6 months or so and I'll probably start working on my upper body as well, lol. Seriously though, I have been looking into some bodyweight routines that I can do at home and try to get something more comprehensive happening. Just need to work out where to get the "right" information from. It's a bit of a jungle on the internet for fitness advice going off my initial forays into it.
0 x
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.

Disco

Post by Disco » 28 Jun 2017, 20:32

One hundred percent Yurtles, my numbers wouldn't be impressive even if I was maxing out but I'm currently working with weights for all of those lifts that 8 reps isn't too difficult, it's definitely work but I'm giving it a few weeks to get into the groove and work on form, particularly with the deadlifts although I am using sumo deadlifts as it feels more natural for me.

I push myself pretty hard on my exercise bike on my off days, 30 minutes, and I interval on it so I go hard for 30 seconds then have a minute or two off, then back on etc. Hopefully I see some small fitness increase after a month or something.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Disco

Post by Disco » 03 Jul 2017, 12:09

I got lazy with my updates last week, but I had a really good week for working out.

Completed my 3 gym sessions, along with cardio on Tuesday and a short but intense hike on Saturday - I had intended to also do cardio on Thursday but my energy levels were extremely low so I took a rest day.

Ate a bunch of crap over the weekend and drank too much, back on the wagon today so to speak - so far I'm down 4.2kg over the last few weeks, well on my way to my first goal.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Chooky

Post by Chooky » 18 Jul 2017, 15:42

Ok so Sunday was Battle of the Brawn, I competed with a few members from my gym in the mixed pairs comp.

WOD1
for time, partion reps between athletes as required
120 Thrusters 35kg M / 25 kg F
100 pullups
300m sandbag relay run 30kg
14 minute time cap

WOD2
For Time
row 5000m
each team members rowing for 60s only rotating Each minute on the minute
20min time cap

WOD3
5 mins
establish 1 rep max weighted pullup strict
7min
establish 1 rep max Clean (squat or power)

WOD4
12 min time cap
in order female team mates, mens teams mates
females
60m walking lunge 30kg sandbag on back rack
50 double unders
60 farmers carry 48kg per hand
males
50m walking lunge 30kg sandbag on back rack
50 double unders
60m farmers carry 68kg per hand

WOD5
15 min time cap
share reps as needed
50 cal AirDyne
40 Wall balls
50 Front Squats 60kg m / 40kg f
40 syncronised bar facing burpees
50 alternating kettlebell snatch 24kg m / 16kg f

I'm not going to summarise all the WOD's, suffice to say that they were all well thought out, evenly balanced and good fun.

I hit a new Personal Record of 92.5kg Squat Clean at 79kg body weight, so this can only improve
0 x