This is where all the random stuff goes
Sathias

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Post by Sathias » 25 Feb 2018, 15:29

Disco wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 11:52
Sathias wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 11:10
You shouldn't have to, no... bear in mind you need to hold the A button to purchase rather than just click it.
That's what got me.. I figured it out in the end and got Brian Ortega who just won me a belt :D Doing ok so far, as long as no-one takes me down, if they do I might as well put down the controller and wait it out lol.

And I just learned they're all ghost fighters lol
Nice work! I haven't won a belt in that mode yet. I think I'm at about 10-4 at the moment.
0 x
"Put the damn gun down, boy. It aint no toy." - Lite

Disco

Post by Disco » 25 Feb 2018, 15:56

Oh really? I'm like 8-2 and I've won two, the fights are pretty easy up until the belt fights.

I won the last one by the skin of my teeth, was in the 4th and had been through 3 rounds of being thoroughly outboxed, he kept taking me down and I'd get him into a guillotine but he got out of it so easy and after 5 or 6 attempts I gave up. In the 4th round I started to notice that if I was X far away he'd throw punches, if I was Y far away he'd throw body kicks.

Since I couldn't handle him up close, my stamina was ruined and he was just walking all over me, I started to keep my distance and focus on catching his kicks and clocking him every time I caught his leg, I got pretty good at it and used it to slow him down and open up an opportunity for a KO!
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 25 Feb 2018, 17:54

Yeah I'm smashing my way through the contenders and then going down in the championship fight. Started a new striker in career mode and he's just crushing it. Also did EA game face to give him my face which is pretty amusing :P

I had mates over last night and one of my mates tripped over a cable twice, because my batteries in my controllers are shit. So went and bought a controller charging tower at EB and got Assassins Creed Origins while I was there. Seems pretty fun so far.
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 25 Feb 2018, 18:12

Why do EA not bring these games to the PC? :(
I was hoping for an NHL game on PC, but they haven't made 1 in years...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord

storm84

Post by storm84 » 25 Feb 2018, 18:51

Yeah, I'd really enjoy a more current NHL game than NHL09.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 27 Feb 2018, 18:28

Mini wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 18:12
Why do EA not bring these games to the PC? :(
I was hoping for an NHL game on PC, but they haven't made 1 in years...
Agree! Although with that said, I have most of the NBA 2K games on PC and due to how they 'monetise' these, I feel nothing but burned on any extra coin I've invested. I had one career where I'd spent maybe $50 on their virtual currency, only for my internet to drop out briefly, turning my 'VC' into 'XP' which can't be spent on anything but for stats (I was spending them on cosmetics). That and planned obsolescence make them fun for a very small window of time.

So, Slime Rancher. Anyone play it? It was early access on Steam and is now on XBox (was a freebie with Gold from 2 months ago). I didn't like it initially but now I'm addicted...

The aim of the game is to run a farm where you feed different Slimes their favourite food in order to harvest Plorts. Plorts appear when they are fed. It's poop. I'm farming slime-poop.

You can sell the Plorts on a market (where the prices fluctuate based on supply and demand) and you then reinvest that money in your farm or your tools.

So I have three corals set up.. all of them have heightened walls, roof nets, plort extractors, lullabies and feeders (each one costs around 2,000 coins to set up). One of them has darkened walls and roof and in that I keep my Phosphor slimes. In another I have Honey slimes and in another just regular pink slimes (you can keep 20+ of these guys in the one spot, it's good for a minimum 80 coins per harvest and the benefit of them is they eat anything).

The more evolved the slime the more you have to start using your farm-plots to create gardens that contain their food (and these have additional stuff as well like high-nutrient soil to double harvest amount and sprinklers to double the growing speed). You can also create chicken coops (again with additional add-ons like heat lamps).

Breeding slimes is the next best bit... you can feed a slime any other slime-types Plort to create a hybrid called a Largo... the plorts of these Largos sell for a lot more on the market. Feed them two different slime-plorts however and they turn into Tarrs... dark skinned beasts who will attack you.

Add to this Gordos, giant unmoving slimes that, if fed their favourite food, give you swamp keys which you use to extend the map. Then there's jobs you're given to fulfil specific orders to get more gold and items. Right now I'm working my way towards 10,000 coins so I can unlock the Lab which lets me unlock treasure orbs.

All up, it's super cute to look at, incredibly relaxing to play and has a hypnotic rhythm that sucks up many hours of your life and leaves you really happy. Tonight, I'm aiming to unlock two main areas, upgrade my gear (more upgrades become available as the game progresses) and do some breeding experiments.

It's kinda like a first-person, very weird, Stardew Valley.

Such good fun :)
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 02 Mar 2018, 07:27

Sathias wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 17:54
Yeah I'm smashing my way through the contenders and then going down in the championship fight. Started a new striker in career mode and he's just crushing it. Also did EA game face to give him my face which is pretty amusing :P

I had mates over last night and one of my mates tripped over a cable twice, because my batteries in my controllers are shit. So went and bought a controller charging tower at EB and got Assassins Creed Origins while I was there. Seems pretty fun so far.
My UFC career striker is now 8-0 with all wins by KO :mrgreen: I've just gone up to "Prospect" rank so things should get harder from here.

Also doing well in the latest Hearthstone Tavern Brawl, which is a paid entry Wild tournament where after your build your deck, your deck is locked for the duration of the tournament. Built myself a Warlock deck based on Naga Sea Witch and Giants, and have currently gone 6-1. The matchmaking is much more strict for this tournament apparently, so all the people I will be facing from now on should also be on 6 wins a piece. Hopefully I can keep it going to the max wins of 12 :)
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 03 Mar 2018, 13:21

Sathias wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 07:27
Also doing well in the latest Hearthstone Tavern Brawl, which is a paid entry Wild tournament where after your build your deck, your deck is locked for the duration of the tournament. Built myself a Warlock deck based on Naga Sea Witch and Giants, and have currently gone 6-1. The matchmaking is much more strict for this tournament apparently, so all the people I will be facing from now on should also be on 6 wins a piece. Hopefully I can keep it going to the max wins of 12 :)
9-2 now!! I've never got this far in one of these sorts of tournaments :D
0 x

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 03 Mar 2018, 13:34

Well 9 wins was as far as I got... but got 200 gold and a legendary as a prize so not too shabby :)
0 x

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 03 Mar 2018, 15:09

i bought it yesterday, and had 3 games before disco messaged me asking for a battle.
we fought, i thought i was doing ok then he flattened me and decided to go to bed, so not even a chance for a rematch the bastard.

i really like the game but gosh im darn terrible at it.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 03 Mar 2018, 16:24

Dirty Bomb is still alive and still a huge amount of fun. It's a modern Enemy Territory (the game that introduced me to multiplayer).
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 03 Mar 2018, 16:53

MuscularTeeth wrote:
03 Mar 2018, 15:09
i bought it yesterday, and had 3 games before disco messaged me asking for a battle.
we fought, i thought i was doing ok then he flattened me and decided to go to bed, so not even a chance for a rematch the bastard.

I'd had way too much to win, the scoreboard spoke for itself though - you hit me a hell of a lot more than I hit you, I just got lucky with those two head kicks that knocked you down and just pressed then.

If it kept going the way it was going it have gone your way - I really struggle with blocking, it's like, if I block, then let go of block, then try to punch, it's too slow and as soon as I lower my block I start getting hit.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Sathias

Post by Sathias » 03 Mar 2018, 17:04

Into the Breach is really interesting... I never really got into FTL, but the strategy of ITB is simple but quite effective.
0 x

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 03 Mar 2018, 19:14

Disco wrote:
03 Mar 2018, 16:53
MuscularTeeth wrote:
03 Mar 2018, 15:09

I'd had way too much to win, the scoreboard spoke for itself though - you hit me a hell of a lot more than I hit you, I just got lucky with those two head kicks that knocked you down and just pressed then.

If it kept going the way it was going it have gone your way - I really struggle with blocking, it's like, if I block, then let go of block, then try to punch, it's too slow and as soon as I lower my block I start getting hit.
looking forward to a few more bouts. i was actually laughing loud when we were playing. some of the moves were brutal.
0 x

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 03 Mar 2018, 19:14

can we fight with our own made up characters?
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 03 Mar 2018, 19:22

MuscularTeeth wrote:
03 Mar 2018, 19:14
can we fight with our own made up characters?
I think so? We should also party up so we can talk shit
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 03 Mar 2018, 20:38

I'm still chugging along with Subnautica.

Have all the depth upgrades which is nice (finally).
Went looking for Kyanite so trying to find the lava zone. Headed to the lost river with the cyclops. Found it and unloaded the Prawn suit...the lava zone was a lot further down than I thought. Got lost. I no longer think this game is relaxing - in fact I'm getting stressed.

Kept going down, right on the edge of my current depth limit I find Kyanite and mine it while this huge ugly bugger is spewing fireballs at me.

Grabbed as much as I could and learnt how to use the damn grappling hook really fast while he was blasting away at me - phew, escaped.

OK, now the Cyclopes is 1500 meters away and I've use over 1/2 my power...and am a bit lost. I've got what I wanted but should I save? I mean if I save and can't get out then I'm kind of stuffed - I saved.

Long story short, I made it out with the Kyanite.

This game was relaxing but after you get below 1000 meters it certainly isn't.
10/10
0 x

MuscularTeeth

Post by MuscularTeeth » 03 Mar 2018, 20:47

Disco wrote:
03 Mar 2018, 19:22

I think so? We should also party up so we can talk shit
i got no mic/headphone set up my friend.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 03 Mar 2018, 22:57

Kendrite wrote:
03 Mar 2018, 20:38
I'm still chugging along with Subnautica.

Have all the depth upgrades which is nice (finally).
Went looking for Kyanite so trying to find the lava zone. Headed to the lost river with the cyclops. Found it and unloaded the Prawn suit...the lava zone was a lot further down than I thought. Got lost. I no longer think this game is relaxing - in fact I'm getting stressed.

Kept going down, right on the edge of my current depth limit I find Kyanite and mine it while this huge ugly bugger is spewing fireballs at me.

Grabbed as much as I could and learnt how to use the damn grappling hook really fast while he was blasting away at me - phew, escaped.

OK, now the Cyclopes is 1500 meters away and I've use over 1/2 my power...and am a bit lost. I've got what I wanted but should I save? I mean if I save and can't get out then I'm kind of stuffed - I saved.

Long story short, I made it out with the Kyanite.

This game was relaxing but after you get below 1000 meters it certainly isn't.
10/10
As long as you've got your seamoth, more than half your health and a first aid kit, then save. If you have more than half health and no save kit then you should be able to make it back to the cyclops.

Your experience sounds similarly stressful to my own!
0 x

Kendrite

Post by Kendrite » 05 Mar 2018, 18:28

I've been frustrated about not being able to access the PRAWN's storage when docked in the Cyclops - it has taken me way to long to realise you can access it through the console behind it - sigh.

Still don't seem to be able to get to the power cells though.
0 x

Bicketybam

Post by Bicketybam » 05 Mar 2018, 19:56

Kendrite wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 18:28
I've been frustrated about not being able to access the PRAWN's storage when docked in the Cyclops - it has taken me way to long to realise you can access it through the console behind it - sigh.

Still don't seem to be able to get to the power cells though.
You can't access power from in the cyclops, you do have to put it down and get out and swap them out. I found out about the panel I think by just being inquisitive and pushing everything. What does this button do? What does this button do? What does this button do? :D

The thing I found silly was you could access the storage and options from within the cyclops but you couldn't do the same from with in a moonpool.
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 06 Mar 2018, 23:11

New Elite Dangerous update out today... 'Beyond'. Downloading now!

Final Fantasy XV is coming to PC in just 4 hours... anyone getting it? I have it on Xbox, have become really quite addicted.

Details: http://www.thexboxhub.com/elite-dangero ... ne-ps4-pc/
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 07 Mar 2018, 10:49

Lol what games don't you get addicted to Mellie? :P

I was trying Motorsport Manager on my iPad last night for a few giggles, I had no idea what I was doing but that was actually a bit of fun
0 x
Nekosan wrote:

kharis

Post by kharis » 07 Mar 2018, 10:58

downloading the demo for ff so i can have a look see, hopefully will have some time to play it
0 x

DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie » 07 Mar 2018, 16:03

Disco wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 10:49
Lol what games don't you get addicted to Mellie? :P

I was trying Motorsport Manager on my iPad last night for a few giggles, I had no idea what I was doing but that was actually a bit of fun
This is very true.

Motorsport Manager 2 is well worth what the asking price is... I'm about 6 seasons in and still loving it.

You should visit my mobile gaming thread :D
0 x