Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Nekosan

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Post by Nekosan » 05 Jan 2019, 16:34

How exactly does that happen? Master hacker targeting your rewards card?

I'd be looking at ALL your cards, you've obviously done something.
0 x
steamcommunity.com/id/krautpants

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 05 Jan 2019, 17:05

You've got me there. The transaction was an exact $50 spend down at Burwood Plaza, NSW.... completely different state to where I am. And targeted 3 days after I get that credit too.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 21:33
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

CherryRed

Post by CherryRed » 06 Jan 2019, 00:56

Woolies have pretty good customer service.

We had a $160 click & collect order that was scheduled to be picked up the day we got the call to get to Dubbo as Disco Snr was not in a good way. Not knowing what the situation was, I called the store and asked if they could please put the order aside and I would collect it the next day. When it became obvious that we were not making it home anytime soon, I called Customer Care to explain and they advised it wasn't a problem and refunded the full amount without any fuss.
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

kittycatArcane

Post by kittycatArcane » 06 Jan 2019, 02:41

New year, minimum wage jumped up in my state again... now to wait and see how my employer will squeeze us for our hours to save money, thus completely nullifying the wage increase because of having fewer hours worked!
(and also disqualifying us from things like vacation time because those are only for full-time employees)
0 x

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 06 Jan 2019, 19:27

my old man pat morgan probably 45 years old , great board. the kids laugh when they see jump in the surf on such a relic but it has great buoyancy and carves as good as any new board just weighs twice as much.

and back in the eighties with my gemini, I use to have 2 boards the second was a hot buttered thruster, good board but I gave it to a mate who had his board stolen from his front porch in Broulee and he was doing it tough at the time; so uncool stealing someones surfboard like stealing someones thongs

0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 06 Jan 2019, 20:22

brimlad wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 13:53
damn straight I do, usually at Broulee or the break water at moruya river, I'll post a pic of my old man pat morgan surf board; I love being in the sea and I'm grateful that I haven't been eaten by a shark ... yet. we also have a Nacra 15 at long beach where we have a house so we sail over the bay often :)
Very cool photos above man! I've wanted to try surfing forever, was always fat and thought "fuck it the hawaiian dudes can do it" lol
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

storm84

Post by storm84 » 07 Jan 2019, 08:21

Back to work today. Gonna see how long I can keep a apathetic-yet-compliant attitude up, as opposed to my usual cynical-combativeness.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 07 Jan 2019, 08:54

Woke up to find that my place is affected by a burst water mains. Just managed to get myself cleaned up with what water I had access too. The benefits of living alone I guess. My face feels so oily though.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:
It'll look amazing shoved up his ass if he doesn't actually learn to play the fucking thing.

Otto-matic Reiffel

Post by Otto-matic Reiffel » 07 Jan 2019, 10:37

Wanted to get a bit of a sleep in today but neighbours decided to get roof cleaned. Why the fuck is that water compressor so damned loud?
0 x

Disco

Post by Disco » 07 Jan 2019, 12:24

The keyboard and mouse I ordered from Kogan during their sales turned up, have been using a generic Microsoft wireless combo for ages and the middle mouse button had stopped working...

Mechanical keyboards are noisy af.
0 x
Nekosan wrote:
29 Mar 2018, 00:36
Disco is fkn banned from the flamethrower. :lol:

storm84

Post by storm84 » 09 Jan 2019, 14:14

Interview didn't go terribly, though I could have done better on the coding portion of the interview. Just waiting now for the "thanks but no thanks" email.

What was cool, though, was the job prospect finally compelled me to look into Big Data, and that's been really interesting. Gonna keep on with that.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 09 Jan 2019, 14:24

Well, what ever doesn't kill makes you stronger. Glad you got something out of the interview.

I bought a set of Powerball tickets for my work syndicate. That's my biggest achievement for today so far.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 10 Jan 2019, 20:01

I gotta deactivate my seek.com.au account. Got headhunted but for a job 2 pay scales down :-S
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 11 Jan 2019, 09:21

Disco wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 20:22
brimlad wrote:
damn straight I do, usually at Broulee or the break water at moruya river, I'll post a pic of my old man pat morgan surf board; I love being in the sea and I'm grateful that I haven't been eaten by a shark ... yet. we also have a Nacra 15 at long beach where we have a house so we sail over the bay often :)
Very cool photos above man! I've wanted to try surfing forever, was always fat and thought "fuck it the hawaiian dudes can do it" lol
weight has nothing to do with it it's just learning the skill and building the muscle memory in your thighs. the trick is the timing to catch the wave and then rather than trying to stand just get up yours knees and enjoy the ride. from there you progress to standing but it does take practice. as a 13 year old it took me a few weekends to get to my feet; my dad and his mates use to go fishing at the moruya break wall every fortnight and I'd tag along and the local surfers were very kind to me... good times in the HR holden might try and find a pic of that :)
0 x

linxus

Post by linxus » 11 Jan 2019, 21:08

Anyone else get one of those state tailored text messages from that shrub Clive Palmer?
0 x
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197975825451]Image[/url]

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 11 Jan 2019, 22:54

brimlad wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 09:21
Disco wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 20:22
brimlad wrote:
weight has nothing to do with it it's just learning the skill and building the muscle memory in your thighs. the trick is the timing to catch the wave and then rather than trying to stand just get up yours knees and enjoy the ride. from there you progress to standing but it does take practice. as a 13 year old it took me a few weekends to get to my feet; my dad and his mates use to go fishing at the moruya break wall every fortnight and I'd tag along and the local surfers were very kind to me... good times in the HR holden might try and find a pic of that :)
Ohhhh. i hate people who grow up surfing :lol:
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 13 Jan 2019, 12:15

I hate Centrelink... their communication is so convoluted. They say mum is not eligible for an exemption to Newstart Allowance because her medical evidence shows that her incapacity to work is not temporary. After more investigation through their website than should be required, it sounds like they're finally accepting that mum's incapacity to work is permanent... and that she should be on the Disability Support Pension instead. Why the fuck don't they just say that?!?!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Nekosan

Post by Nekosan » 13 Jan 2019, 15:10

The system is complicated and they have a high enough turnover they dont know everything ^
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 13 Jan 2019, 19:53

The complicated system is the problem IMHO. Any business/organisation needs to account for staff turnover through knowledge retention strategies. One of those strategies is ensure systems and processes are designed to make up for unknowledgable staff.

I have no doubt that mum just got a standard letter that their system spat out after a series of checkboxes were ticked.

Assuming that they want to (finally, after 2yrs) move mum over to the DSP, that's a good thing but the fact that they've been forcing mum to apply for jobs over the past 2-3 months in order to get her allowance when she's not in a state to work has done nothing sort than stress her out. And that was one thing the doctors all told mum to avoid... she needs to reduce her stress to minimise the chance of her cancer relapsing.

The cynical economist in me thinks that's their plan to get people off DSP... stress em out till they're sick again and die.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

storm84

Post by storm84 » 13 Jan 2019, 20:08

The mission of Centrelink is to limit the amount of welfare it pays out. A huge amount of bureaucratic processing goes into this, so it's only fair to conclude it's by design than process. The only exception to this is the Old Age Pension. In between, you're a freeloader trying to scam the taxpayers out of their hard earned taxes - at least according to the politicians who talk on welfare.

The fact that neither party thinks Newstart should meet the cost of living is fucking appalling tbh.
0 x

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 13 Jan 2019, 20:58

Agree that it's likely by design.

My biggest gripe over the past 2.5yrs is that mum and dad went through a 9 month period where, whilst mum was undergoing breast cancer treatment and dad had to be a full time carer, that the bastards at Centrelink refused to pay dad any carer's allowance. It wasn't till the end of financial year when they apparently needed dad's tax return to verify something that dad was approved for carer's allowance. By then, mum was finishing up on her treatment.

Dad had to dip into his savings that he was putting aside for his first retirement holiday and I had to fork out for the rest of their expenses. Dad had no other money that he could tap into easily.

So yeah, apart from the Age Pension which they seemed quite happy to guide dad through, they try to screw you over with all other types of social security payments even when you're fighting a life threatening disease and in dire need of financial assistance. I honestly wish the Greens would get voted in at the Federal level... just to send a message to the Libs and Labour about how much they've been fucking up.
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » 14 Jan 2019, 10:36

Network at work is down. I literally can't do shit!
0 x
CherryRed wrote:

Nitephyre

Post by Nitephyre » 14 Jan 2019, 21:38

Nice one Citec! ;)
0 x
Mugsy wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:26
I got nothing for ya... I was raised to not do things I wouldn't want done to myself. And that's why anal sex is off the agenda.

brimlad

Post by brimlad » 15 Jan 2019, 18:02

does it really need to be this hot, on the upside it took 30 minutes for my washing to dry :sictwistedface:
0 x

Mini

Post by Mini » 15 Jan 2019, 18:16

What a great day for my air con to decide it no longer wants to work...
I have an evaporative on the roof... and I can either have just the fan going or nothing... trying to turn the water on turns the fan off...

Its only 42 outside here... with another 2 days of above 40 coming up...
0 x
Proudly supporting Player Attack through Patreon

Battle.Net - MiniSanders#1895
uPlay - mini15michael
Steam - RtD>MiniSanders
Origin - MiniSanders
Player Attack Discord